BMPS: Results for user-created workflows
|Assignee:||Jennifer Dommer||% Done:|
Requested by NIAID (Jennifer) for HPCWeb project:
Users should be able to view and download the results of a workflow when it is executed. After discussion, the solution will be the following:
- users annotate the workflow at design time in the BMPS interface,
- the serialized GraphML is annotated to mention which task results should be top-level,
- the server-side BMPSWorkflow produces the corresponding output parameters in the workflow definition.
#1 Updated by Hervé Ménager about 7 years ago
Expected GraphML sent by BMPS should look like this:
<port name="alignmentout"> <data key="type">pipeOut</data> <data key="status">active</data> <data key="output">true</data> <port key="prompt">Alignment</port> </port>
Here, the added part
<data key="output">true</data>tells that this task output is a "main workflow output". If set to false, or not present, the output is not a workflow output.
#5 Updated by Hervé Ménager about 7 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Feedback
important side-effect of this modification:
1) all task output are now tagged as workflow outputs by default
2) however an output of a Mobyle XML can be or not be produced by the run
3) the current code (see here:https://projets.pasteur.fr/projects/mobyle/repository/revisions/4452/annotate/trunk/Src/Mobyle/WorkflowJob.py#L545) raises an error if a linked task output does not produce an output.
Try for instance to run a single dnapars with the current code, without any seqboot: an error message is raised and the workflow fails because the seqboot output has not been produced.