We (the Mobyle team) will be hosting a Mobyle seminar on september 28th, at the Institut Pasteur (Paris, France), with financial support from the GDR BIM. The foreseen schedule is the following:
• the morning will be dedicated to an outline of the current and future possibilities of Mobyle, with an emphasis on the newest features and related tools. It is open to anyone in charge of bioinformatics service portals, or interrested by this domain,
• the afternoon will focus on a "hands-on" training session for Mobyle server administrators, including:
◦ the setup of the portal,
◦ the configuration, including the presentation of useful but seldom-used functionalities,
◦ the maintenance (users and data management, troubleshooting, etc.),
◦ the integration of new "command line" tools in the portal (use of the BMID tool).
◦ the import of remote tools (MobyleNet functionnalities).
This event is open and free, however for logistics reasons registration is required. Additionally, the number of participants for the training session is limited. Financial support for these participants (limited to 100€) can be provided for travel and lodging expenses). If you wish to participate, please make sure you register on
The Mobyle Team
for more details see source:/tags/release_1_0_7/NEWS
for more details see source:/tags/release_1_0_6/NEWS
: The service descriptions validation rules have changed in version 1.0.6: the attribute
issimple is now (since 1.0.5) used to display a parameter in the simple version of the submission form.
From v1.0.6 on, we add some rules of validation to prevent the publication of programs which have
mandatory parameters without default value nor precondition attached and do not have the issimple attribute.
(for more details see: source:/tags/release_1_0_6/UPDATE)
Note that a new release of programs (Programs-4.0.tgz) compliant with these new validation rules is available on
- the possibility to display only "simple" parameters by default, and toggle between simple and advanced forms. "Modified" parameter values are also outlined in the portal.
- the possibility to display a "progress report", updated even during the execution of the tool to give users detailed and program-specific information about the status of the job.
- the maximum number of "similar" running jobs is now completely configurable.
A more detailed list of the changes is available here: https://projets.pasteur.fr/repositories/entry/mobyle/tags/release_1_0_5/NEWS
The latest release of the Viewers , v1.0.1, updates the components themselves, and packages them directly in the distribution archive, to simplify the installation process. The edition features added to the Mobyle codebase now allow you to edit your alignments and phylogenetic trees directly in Mobyle using jalview/archaeopteryx, and even to take snapshots of the phylogenetic trees!
All of these releases are available here: ftp://ftp.pasteur.fr/pub/gensoft/projects/mobyle/
We released Mobyle version 1.0.4. This version contains bugfixes, as well as a few improvements.
be careful, the service descriptions validation rules have changed to correct some bugs in the portal interface (see UPDATE file before updating to 1.0.4).
A more detailed list of the changes is available here: https://projets.pasteur.fr/wiki/mobyle/Changes_between_versions
We just released Mobyle version 1.0.3. This version contains a lot of bugfixes, as well as a few improvements. A more detailed list of the changes is available here: https://projets.pasteur.fr/wiki/mobyle/Changes_between_versions
We just released Mobyle version 1.0.2. This version contains a lot of bugfixes, as well as a few improvements. A more detailed list of the changes is available here: https://projets.pasteur.fr/repositories/entry/mobyle/tags/release_1_0_2/NEWS?rev=3892
Mobyle: Mobyle 1.0.1 maintenance release available (1 comment)
We just released Mobyle version 1.0.1. This version contains a lot of bugfixes, mainly related to browser compatibility issues, as well as a few improvements (increased portal customization possibilities, data download button). A more detailed list of the changes is available here: https://projets.pasteur.fr/repositories/entry/mobyle/tags/release_1_0_1/NEWS?rev=3835.
Mobyle: Mobyle 1.0 is now publicly available (1 comment)
This version includes many new features, listed below (this list is not exhaustive).
Before to update an existing version, please read carefully the UPDATE instructions.
- Viewers: viewers offer the possibility to visualize data in the Mobyle portal
using web-compatible components, to provide a more readable representation.
For instance, multiple alignments can be visualized with Jalview, Protein 3D
structures can be visualized with JMol, RNA Secondary structures with VARNA, or
phylogenetic trees with Archaeopteryx.
- Workflows (beta): Mobyle services chainings can now be automated by providing
- Many portal improvements, including the possibility to customize your welcome page
and user workspace management interfaces that facilitate the visualization and cleanup
of user jobs and data.
- A new plugin-like architecture for the converter modules: you can associate
to each data type and format a validator/converter module, that will detect,
validate and convert the format of user data when appropriate.
- The execution system has been rewritten to be highly flexible:
Mobyle now supports new DRMs, including LSF (via the DRMAA API). It is also
possible to manage multiple execution configurations, allowing for instance
to send jobs to different DRMs based on your needs.
- OpenID support: you can now configure Mobyle to let users authenticate themselves
using OpenID, in order for them to avoid the management of a new Mobyle-specific
- Google Analytics support: you can configure Mobyle to track users
activity with a Google Analytics account.
From now on, the list of NGS programs available on Pasteur clusters is publicly accessible without any account on Redmine through the sub-project NGS software.
Also available in: Atom