We just released Mobyle version 1.0.3. This version contains a lot of bugfixes, as well as a few improvements. A more detailed list of the changes is available here: https://projets.pasteur.fr/wiki/mobyle/Changes_between_versions
We just released Mobyle version 1.0.2. This version contains a lot of bugfixes, as well as a few improvements. A more detailed list of the changes is available here: https://projets.pasteur.fr/repositories/entry/mobyle/tags/release_1_0_2/NEWS?rev=3892
Mobyle 1.0.1 maintenance release available (1 comment)
We just released Mobyle version 1.0.1. This version contains a lot of bugfixes, mainly related to browser compatibility issues, as well as a few improvements (increased portal customization possibilities, data download button). A more detailed list of the changes is available here: https://projets.pasteur.fr/repositories/entry/mobyle/tags/release_1_0_1/NEWS?rev=3835.
Mobyle 1.0 is now publicly available (1 comment)
This version includes many new features, listed below (this list is not exhaustive).
Before to update an existing version, please read carefully the UPDATE instructions.
- Viewers: viewers offer the possibility to visualize data in the Mobyle portal
using web-compatible components, to provide a more readable representation.
For instance, multiple alignments can be visualized with Jalview, Protein 3D
structures can be visualized with JMol, RNA Secondary structures with VARNA, or
phylogenetic trees with Archaeopteryx.
- Workflows (beta): Mobyle services chainings can now be automated by providing
- Many portal improvements, including the possibility to customize your welcome page
and user workspace management interfaces that facilitate the visualization and cleanup
of user jobs and data.
- A new plugin-like architecture for the converter modules: you can associate
to each data type and format a validator/converter module, that will detect,
validate and convert the format of user data when appropriate.
- The execution system has been rewritten to be highly flexible:
Mobyle now supports new DRMs, including LSF (via the DRMAA API). It is also
possible to manage multiple execution configurations, allowing for instance
to send jobs to different DRMs based on your needs.
- OpenID support: you can now configure Mobyle to let users authenticate themselves
using OpenID, in order for them to avoid the management of a new Mobyle-specific
- Google Analytics support: you can configure Mobyle to track users
activity with a Google Analytics account.
Mobyle 0.97.2 (1 comment)
we have published a new release of Mobyle (0.97.2) which fixes some bugs.
These corrections are available here: Changes between versions.
This version is available at ftp://ftp.pasteur.fr/pub/gensoft/projects/mobyle/
Mobyle and MobyleNet at ISMB 2010 and BOSC 2010 (1 comment)
A delegation of the Mobyle development team will attend the ISMB conference in Boston and the BOSC 2010 Satellite Meeting.
We will be presenting, among other things the up and coming features of the Mobyle system, as well as the MobyleNet initiative.
You can meet us there:
- Friday Jul. 6th, 5:10pm, Mobyle Bioinformatics Web Portal: project update at BOSC.
- Monday, Jul. 12th, 11:45pm, Mobyle: An integrated bioinformatics platform for performing web-based analyses, Technology Track no 18.
- Sunday, Jul 11th, 12:40 p.m.-2:30 p.m, Mobyle Platform: Bioinformatics applications from command-line to web-based workflows and services Poster.
- Monday, Jul 12th, 12:40 p.m.-2:30 p.m, MobyleNet: user-centered large spectrum service integration over distributed sites, Poster.
If you are also planning to attend, and would like to meet with us, in order to give us feedback about Mobyle, you can send us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com), so we can schedule a meeting. We will be happy to gather your comments and requests.
New website: official launch (1 comment)
We are glad to announce that we have migrated the Mobyle project to a new website, that provides an access to the previous contents, but also provides new functionalities (svn access, news, issues list, etc.). This new website is powered by Redmine. Feel free to explore it and send us your feedback:
The Mobyle Development Team
Mobyle 0.97 - 11/23/2009 (1 comment)
We are very pleased to announce the release of the new version of Mobyle, 0.97 ( available at ftp://ftp.pasteur.fr/pub/gensoft/projects/mobyle/ ).bugs:
- fix small numerous bugs.
- new documentation in Doc/Admin about Mobyle configuration.
- mobyle is ready to use with python 2.6.
- duplicate job submission prevented (2 jobs with identical command lines and parameter values cannot run at the same time from the same user).
- the logging system has been improved.
- a new plugin-like architecture for the execution modules.
- job status management is improved to be more robust and consistent with respect to the different execution systems.
- we now offer the possibility to create links to pre-loaded Mobyle forms from external pages: it allows web application developers to directly link their independent database or tools to Mobyle.
- an "advanced settings" option in the programs list allows to sort programs either by server or by category (servers mixed), which can be more appropriate if using the MobyleNet functionnality.
- some administrative tools(mobclean & mobdeploy) have been improved.
If you update from a previous installed 0.96.x version keep in mind to merge manually Local/*.py with Local/*.py.new
If you experience any trouble, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mobyle Development Team.
Also available in: Atom